For more than 80 years, Parker Hannifin, the world's leading manufacturer of motion and control technology, has been developing high-pressure hydraulic fittings and setting standards globally. Over the years, new geometries and materials have improved the performance, reliabilty, and ease of installation of the original Ermeto fittings. Therefore, leakages in piping systems today cannot be ascribed to material defects, as they could be previously, but rather to improper installation. Assistance is provided in this regard by the new, quickly installable EO-3 fitting system. Its innovative form and technology raise pipe installation to a high level of quality, security, and economy.
Conical Connection Enables Seamless Installation:
- When it comes to fittings, correct installation is essential, because the effects of leakages are not pleasent: cost-intensive downtimes, customer complaints, reworking, environmental damage, and even accidents. Given this context, with the EO-3 system Parker has developed a coupling concept that sets whole new standards.
- EO-3 fittings enable simpler, quicker, and more secure installations. This is achieved with a new thread technology. In contrast to all prior (DIN-standard) fittings, the EO-3 system is based on a 24-degree inner cone with integrated soft seal and a cone-shaped connecting thread. The world's first and unique system of this kind, the EO-3 fitting enables the control of installation results from the outside. Using a yellow indication ring, the installer can tell immediately whether the fitting has been made correctly.Â
Machine Pipe Forming with Proven Technology
- For the new bolt connections, Parker uses the EO forming machine tool that is already on the market. With the machines users have been using up until now to produce, for example, the EO2-FORM connections, users can also create EO-3 fittings- an important contribution to cost reduction. This merely requires the respective EO-3 forming dies.
Ability to be Combined and Flexible Employment:
- In addition to rigid tubework, many applications demand flexible hose connections. EO-3 is applicable in both variants. Linking to existing EO-2 connections is also possible without any problems thanks to an adapter. This means "old" fittings can be converted or upgraded to the EO-3 system at virtually no additional cost. The new fitting system offers four times as much safety and does away with the standard LL, L, and S series classifications that have previously been customary. But for a new exceptions, a single pressure stage of 420 bar applies to all tube sizes. Elastomeric materials can be selected specifically for applications and, thus, media.
Benefits of the new Concept at a Glance:
- Immediately detectable thread intake
- Quick manual pre-installation
- Safer installation due to less effort.
- Less space requirement for installing in difficult installation situations
- Shorter installation time
- Indication ring as a control option for the installer
- Soft seal integrated in the cone improves sealing behavior - even with high system dynamics
- Additional increased safety provided by elastomers pre-installed in the fitting body
- Compact design means space-saving constructions